The main difference between Tarkett multilayer parquet and classic (solid) parquet is its structure. The Tarkett multilayer parquet consists of 3 layers of wood attached at an angle of 90 degrees. The upper layer of the parquet is made of hard wood, and the middle and bottom layer are also 100% made of wood. Fir, pine or spruce is used for the construction of the middle layer, while the same wood types are used for the bottom, rear veneer.
The construction of the Tarkett multilayer parquet consists of the following layers:
● Surface protection of the parquet – Tarkett’s long-lasting glossy or matte varnish
● The upper layer of the parquet is made of hard wood
● The firm middle layer of slats is organized so as to ensure stability of the parquet board
● Balancing layer – increases stability and prevents separation of parquet boards
The Tarkett multilayer parquet is delivered in boards ready for installation and it is presanded and varnished.
The benefits of the Tarkett multilayer parquet:
● Tarkett parquet is durable, stable and safe
● Tarkett parquet is delivered in boards ready for installation!
● Tarkett parquet is installed easily with or without gluing down, by connecting boards using the latest T-lock system which ensures almost invisible connection, which is safe and firm at the same time
● Tarkett parquets are made of the highest-quality wood, which is carefully dried with always even and guaranteed humidity of 6-8%, which represents optimum conditions for a stable and reliable parquet
● The Tarkett company has more than 130 years of experience in the production of parquet. Manufacture of floor coverings has been our only business activity since 1886
● Tarkett parquet is available in more than 150 designs made of 6 different traditional and exotic wood types from all continents.
How to install Tarkett parquet
Tarkett multilayer parquet is delivered in boards and you can install it immediately upon purchase. Tarkett parquet is installed by gluing or attaching boards.
The boards are easily joined using the latest T-lock system, and the joint is firm, safe, and almost invisible. Tarkett multilayer parquet may be installed only on surfaces that are stable and without dust, cracks, sags, and other damages.
Oak parquet may also be installed in the underfloor heating conditions
The temperature on the floor surface must not exceed 25°C and the underfloor heating must be constructed safely, without cold areas.
Due to its large sensitivity to temperature, a wood such as beech or maple is not recommended in combination with underfloor heating.
Parquet protection against damage
We suggest that you install felted protective pads on the legs of movable furniture (sofas, chairs, tables, etc.) so as to avoid unnecessary damage and scratching of parquet.
Never push large pieces of furniture or other items on the floor, since this will generally cause damage to the parquet surface. In order to avoid this type of damage, use felted protective pads!
Maintenance of Tarkett parquet
Tarkett parquet is undoubtedly the best choice for easy maintenance. Regular cleaning of your parquet will allow it to last longer and look impeccable. Now you can use Tarkett’s products for cleaning which are safe for your family and environment and have parquet that lasts for decades.
Parquet does not tolerate too much water – parquet maintenance includes wiping with a damp, but by no means wet, cloth! Every water spill on a parquet may lead to permanent deformities and damages!
If you wish to learn more about Tarkett parquet, explore our collection or contact us using the contact form.